The hospitality industry is one of the most secure firms in the world. It offers diverse employment options as the business is at large these days. You may wish to work in a hotel or a bar or a tourism company. There are numerous hotel management colleges in India, which let you undertake the course and build your career. There are best options available in this stream to work for such as 5-star hotels and MNCs. Also, opportunities to get hired are huge. Here are 6 reasons why you should explore your career in the hospitality management industry:
- Acquire a global skill set: Once you get trained for a hospitality management job, you can use these skills in any other firm around the globe. The skills required to manage a well reputed hotel in Kolkata would be same as managing a hotel in London. This professional dexterity is transferable to many other industries as well.
- Hospitality jobs are creative: Hospitality industry is greatly a people-oriented industry and hence, it is creative. You always create things, be that food, drinks or experience for others. As a hospitality employer, you get a chance to find more creative ways to please the guests by crafting unique propositions and bringing best options to the business.
- Accelerate your career: The opportunities to grow in the hospitality industry are great. Employee turnover may be higher in this field than any other. You get the chance of doing an internship while doing a hotel management course to gain experience as well as money. If you stay with a company for some time, promotion is sure to follow.
- Great perks: Apart from normal perks like life insurance and health plans available in any other job fields, hospitality industry provides their employers with free food, drinks and in many cases, free flight tickets. Enjoying gourmet meals in a party and meeting celebrities are additional perks that anyone would wish to have in their professional life.
- Not 9-5: Hospitality management jobs do not have a fixed schedule of 9 am to 5 pm as in normal offices. If you don’t wish to work during the day, you can work at night shifts. This job involves a great deal of variety and thus, it will not make you feel monotonous and hectic in life. It doesn’t feel like work inside a hotel. Also, there are plenty of rooms to call home in your workplace.
- You make people’s day: The hospitality management business is all about interaction and cooperation with the people. Whether you are a concierge or a bellboy or a chef at the hotel, you are involved in making the day better for your customers. You always want to make people happy, not deal with spreadsheets and documents. Even the manager has to attend to an unsatisfied guest when required.
So, if you are planning to join a hospitality management industry to build your future, don’t hesitate. This field doesn’t require in-depth knowledge about something; it only hones the skills you already posses through training. Go for it!